Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0

Go down 
+14
Palcks
Ezra
Fire Strike
Dark Cacturne
LeoMarine
otaku-dono
riversong
Serpent
DD
Niedude
Yani
Hydro King
Katsu
Jess
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Yani
Ultra-Pwnsome Spammer
Yani

The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Niedude wrote:
I've started playing platinum too. Only about once or twice a week, and I've decided to go back and restart the game so I pick Turtwig and not Piplup (I'd rather have a Golduck than a Carnivine) next time I pick it up.

But that's wahts great about re-picking old pokemon games. Since youre doing it for fun, not to be sure you can beat the gyms fast enough to get lost on the storyline, you capture and train the team you like. SInce that team is usually completely different from your previous walkthrough's team, the feeling is even better.

I think that I'm gonna use:

Turtwig
SHinx
Psyduck
and Starly (live this guy and used him so many times hes gotten kinda repetitive, but hes the best/only attratcive flying type in all of Sinnoh)

And see what I capture for the rest.
Though I'd like a ralts... Too bad I can't trade (since, you know, Im playing on an emu :X)
Yeah it's way more awesome when you're not rushing through because you want to finish the story! That way you can enjoy EVERYTHING! Including all the other Pokemon and train up as many as you like. That's what I'm doing with my Emerald. Although on Pearl, Platinum, Black and White I went through with proper teams but it's still much more fun when you're not rushing through.

You should try out some random Pokemon too man. Just go through the game and if you see a Pokemon that you decide you want to use on your team, then catch it!

My Emerald team as it currently stands:

Gardevoir lvl 36
Zangoose lvl 36
Seviper lvl 37
Cacturne lvl 39
Vibrava lvl 36
Sharpedo lvl 38

Last edited by Yani on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:18 pm

You ditched your starter?
YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS IN THIS CLUB!

Kidding xP

I tried using Sharpedo once... Once. I never did anything with him. Though that was back when I was in 7th or 8th grade, and I tried giving Shockwave to my zangoose... Yeah, I sucked.

But I really like that time. Zangoose and Seviper = <3

GARDEVOUR = EVEN MORE <3

And cacturne is all right.

And you all know that Flygon is one of my fav Dragon types <3
Back to top Go down
Yani
Ultra-Pwnsome Spammer
Yani

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Niedude wrote:
You ditched your starter?
YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS IN THIS CLUB!

Kidding xP

I tried using Sharpedo once... Once. I never did anything with him. Though that was back when I was in 7th or 8th grade, and I tried giving Shockwave to my zangoose... Yeah, I sucked.

But I really like that time. Zangoose and Seviper = <3

GARDEVOUR = EVEN MORE <3

And cacturne is all right.

And you all know that Flygon is one of my fav Dragon types <3
Hahaha I thought I'd try a completely different team (other than Gardevoir). I'm treating her as my starter and technically she counts seeing as Wally's starter was a Ralts! Razz

Dude Sharpedo is good, his stats screw him up a little but he's still a beast for an in-game team! Shock wave on Zangoose epic fails though hahaha.

Yeah I love Zangoose and Seviper, that's why I just had to have them both in my team Very Happy

Cacturne is pretty cool, not super powerful but it's cool to try having one in my team.

Flygon is good as well. He was weaker than I could even believe when he was a Trapinch and a Vibrava, but once he evolved he's been awesome!
Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:19 pm

I sometimes feel like doing that, but since as I generally love all starters, bar a few, I never ditch my starter.

I gave Zangoose shock wave back when I could barely read any english. Since I understood nearly nothing, I also didnt want to make the effort to check stats. I winged most of my pokemon games until... the 4th gen, maybe. No, no, wait... I think I tried being more serious in the 1st gen remakes, but Im not sure.

I think that I did train a cacturne once. Once. He wasn't that bad actually, unless you went against something that was resistant to grass and dark (Steel types...) and also resistant to his nerfing and leeching (Again, steel types. Fellow grasses usually ruin him too)
Though with careful planning and battling he can be deadly.

That is what ALWAYS happens with Flygon. Justified that, though Trapinch has a whooping 100 base Atk, he learns crap moves, and Vibrava has lower stats than Trapinch in nearly everything but speed and the defenses, I think. The moment you get flygon he goes from that team member you never use to your teams best sweeper.
Back to top Go down
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Kay, so three and a half months of no posts. Where'd everyone go? :C

Anyway, I'm thinking of rejoining serebii's forums, I miss some of the people there that aren't on here already. And let's face it; we're not as active as we used to be. On that note, I miss you all.

Moving on, did anyone get Pokemon Conquest? I literally cannot put the game down. The only downside is there is no Swampert. What the hell.

-FS
Back to top Go down
http://dra-cat.deviantart.com/
riversong
riversong

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:01 am

ohhh man I can't even remember the last time I posted here haha but at least I kept this place in my bookmarks. Glad to see you're still around FS =)

I never got Conquest...it looked interesting but definitely not a priority right now :/ when my job gives no raises eventhoughi'vebeentherefortwoyearswtf -cough- anyways my sister is getting a 3DS and pokemon rumble blast so I'm curious how that game is too.

Sometimes I peek through Serebii's forums but I usually don't post.
Back to top Go down
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Kay, aside from RS (glad to see you too :D), where's the rest of you? :C Hope to hear from you all soon.

So, to anyone who does actually see this, excited for B/W2? It's coming out tomorow for the US, and I'm kind of spazzing at the moment.

Not much else to say, I guess. Hope you're all doing well.

-FS
Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy =D

Jesus, I can't believe this club's been ressurected. I thought it was dead for good Sad

I never fully qui serebii. I had a few long months of never setting a foot there, but then I came back with a passion for RPGs. I'm now rolled in three, none of them pokemon (the only pokemon RPG I played there kinda royally sucked)

I never got Conquest... The money's hard to come by. I'm thinking of getting Black 2, though!
Back to top Go down
riversong
riversong

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:26 pm

I bit the bullet and bought White 2, and my sister got Black 2. I didn't even look at spoilers for these games so honestly I had no idea what to expect, and I wasn't too enthusiastic.

I tried doing a blind nuzlocke for it but that ended realllly quick haha. But actually the game was a pleasant surprise. It's really fun and I'm glad I bought it...I almost didn't. I'm at the 8th gym now.

Nie if you have the funds I'd get Black 2 =)
Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 3:03 pm

I've actively fled from spoilers, RS. The only thing I've bothered to research are the Version Exlcusives/Differences and the methods for obtaining keldeo.

Speaking of keldeo, I'm thinking of doing a run with him as my starter. Problem is, I don't have him... I'm talking to Yani, but he's apparently given his away. Do you guys happen to have a spare? I hear he's not all that popular. I kinda think he's cute :3 and I hear BW2 have even less water types than BW1, and since I've already picked Oshawott as my last starter, and I kinda want to avoid repeats...

BTW, RS, how early can one catch Growlithe in the new games?
Back to top Go down
riversong
riversong

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Niedude wrote:
I've actively fled from spoilers, RS. The only thing I've bothered to research are the Version Exlcusives/Differences and the methods for obtaining keldeo.

Speaking of keldeo, I'm thinking of doing a run with him as my starter. Problem is, I don't have him... I'm talking to Yani, but he's apparently given his away. Do you guys happen to have a spare? I hear he's not all that popular. I kinda think he's cute :3 and I hear BW2 have even less water types than BW1, and since I've already picked Oshawott as my last starter, and I kinda want to avoid repeats...

BTW, RS, how early can one catch Growlithe in the new games?

I never got Keldeo...was that a wifi event? Or from gamestop? darn it, I think he's cute too ahah.

As far as water types go, yeah, not a lot of choices. I went with Lapras myself, but that's really far in game to get one.

Growlithe can be caught after the 1st gym, so very early!
Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Holy crap, really?

Then I'm definitely picking Snivy but using Keldeo as my pretend Starter (if I get it) once I get BW2.

Also, i was thinking of buying Blac 2, but I was wondering... I kinda want elekid and electivire, and they're White exclusives... And the darker feel of the Black game could me it more melancholic, which makes games more boring for me... I dunno xO
Back to top Go down
riversong
riversong

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Well I got White cuz I preferred the old nature style over the modern technology one. I just looked up the differences between B2 and W2 and yeah I'm glad I got White haha.

But if you get B2 then I could always trade an elekid to you.
Back to top Go down
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:55 pm

God help me I'm not letting this club die nope nu-uh not gonna happen.

I despise college. :/

Anyway, how is everyone?

-FS
Back to top Go down
riversong
riversong

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Well so long as someone posts I'll post. Only takes a minute or two~

What are you going to college for FS? I can't remember.

I decided on a physical therapy assistant program...but there's a waiting list for it so I'm not in it yet. YET.
Back to top Go down
Larry

Larry

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:00 am

I can't believe I remembered the web address to this site.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coja12
LeoMarine

LeoMarine

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:21 pm

wow, this place really died down...
i'm trying to get in contact with some of my old "internet friends" so if anyone wants to get in touch again, hit me up here or serebii or something... kind of sad thinking of how i lost touch with so many great friends so yeah.

basing on the recent history of this site i guess i'll get a reply in a month or two lol
Back to top Go down
riversong
riversong

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 am

tsk yeahh I go through my bookmarks and check this site every so often. I thought for sure Larry's post was gonna be the last. I feel lame making every other post but whatevs lol.

Hi Leo!
Back to top Go down
Larry

Larry

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Yeah Leo there's quite a few people from the spc that we might never hear from again which is kinda sad.
Back to top Go down
LeoMarine

LeoMarine

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:12 am

it seems someone checks in every other month though, i will atleast try to check in sometimes and answer anyone who posts, my school has blocked pretty much all other sites i visit so i will probably check in every day i'm at school even if people don't post anything, atleast i can read through some of the old stuff that happened. i've been reading through some of my old posts actually and it's incredible what i had forgotten, so yeah...

about people dissappearing, that would probably have happened to some degree no matter what, people change and stuff, but it's just sad that the whole thing died down.

Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:08 am

I'm here, fyi guys
Larry and Leo approached me on SPPF a few days back as well, and I share their sentiments... But I guess this is life. We all just drift apart...
Back to top Go down
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:25 am

Same as Nie; sorry I didn't respond sooner.

As long as there's at least one other person here, I'll still check in as often as needed. You guys are too awesome to just stop talking to.

-FS
Back to top Go down
LeoMarine

LeoMarine

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:28 pm

As i said, i'll keep checking in pretty often and talk as long as there is someone to talk to, but right now i'm going to bed because i'm about 5 seconds from passing out... zzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
riversong
riversong

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:04 pm

yeah i'll post if others do.

though speaking of old posts, reading some of them makes me cringe so hard >.< oh my stupidity
Back to top Go down
Larry

Larry

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:53 pm

riversong wrote:
yeah i'll post if others do.

though speaking of old posts, reading some of them makes me cringe so hard >.< oh my stupidity

Haha I was thinking the same about my posts. They were so bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0   The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0 - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Starter Pokemon Club Version 3.0
Page 40 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next