Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I've got a question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarahpom83
Spammer
Sarahpom83

I've got a question Empty
PostSubject: I've got a question   I've got a question EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 11:49 am

Ok how in the heck is my sign (the one I"m using right now) I tired to put on my sign on serebii forum and they said it was to big, how is the image to big? how small are they making people have their banners now? its so stupid!!! they can't be fat in wards but they can be skiny out wards, it makes no since at all!!!
Back to top Go down
Tatertot
Admin
Tatertot

PostSubject: Re: I've got a question   I've got a question EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 11:06 am

no idea

serebii sucks, doesn't it? I love this site. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: I've got a question   I've got a question EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:45 am

Because that image is not a banner.

A banner must exceed 40000 pixels and must not exceed the sites limit (IIRC its around 43500).

However, yours is 155x158 in size, meaning it is 24490 pixxels, not enought to be a banner yet too big to be a single image.

Thats why.

Hope it helped to get rid of your grudge agaisnt Serebii Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarahpom83
Spammer
Sarahpom83

PostSubject: Re: I've got a question   I've got a question EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 2:08 pm

but it still doesn't make any since, its not big and its not taking up room! they are so dam picky. now can you tell how much pixels they are? because I never understand that
Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: I've got a question   I've got a question EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 6:02 pm

Sarahpom83 wrote:
but it still doesn't make any since, its not big and its not taking up room! they are so dam picky. now can you tell how much pixels they are? because I never understand that

Its easy to know.

First, finish your image, complete.
Then, once you save it, put your cursor over it and something like this shoud come out:

(I am using the left image on your sig as an example):

Dimensions: 155x158
Type: PNG fyle (I saved it as PNG, you probably havent, doesnt make any diference)
Size: 44.0 KB

Then do the math, in this case its "155x158" and see what it scores.
In this case it was 24490.

Now, since it wasn't over 40000 pixels it does not qualify as a banner, its a standart image.
And standart images on Serebii can not be over 200x200.

So in this case, ther eis nothing wrong with it....

Yeah, now you got me confused...
Back to top Go down
Sarahpom83
Spammer
Sarahpom83

PostSubject: Re: I've got a question   I've got a question EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 10:14 pm

it really doesn't make any since, they shouldn't get onto people that have small banners, they should be happy people are using smaller images and not LARGE IMAGES that take up half of the space then that is when they have to tell people their banners are a little to big and they must fix it, they didn't have to remove all of my banner, they could have just removed the banner and not everything else. now I'll have to go back and try to make everything better again.

Once I can get Adobe Photoshop7 back on the computer, but that will have to wait, because of right now I need to go to bed because its like 12am and I'm not even tired so that's a problem there.

But any ways I guess they are gay at times to, you would think smaller banners are ok then the larger ones and my banner was under the size limit. so Any ways. Just like TT doesn't get onto us about ours because they aren't hurting anything and they aren't large.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've got a question   I've got a question Empty

Back to top Go down

I've got a question
Page 1 of 1