Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hydro King
Mega Spammer
Hydro King

The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread   The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:44 pm

OD wrote:
HK, I think the EV spread is a little off. Go for 252 Sp.A, 252 HP and 4 Sp.D instead. That way, you cover both defenses instead of just one.
Um, the main gist of this Togekiss is to survive a Thunderbolt or Ice Beam while throwing up a Nasty Plot, activate Salac Berry, and run like the dickens. I mean, I can see where you're coming from with the HP, but if I invested in Sp.Attack instead of Speed, Togekiss would be left as a sitting duck. <(especially against Jolteon)

@Kat's set: Indeed, that Weavile looks pretty good for a lead!

@OD's set: Yeah, I could see it working nicely with Sunny Day. <(although you'd need to watch out for Sandstream and Snow Warning)

@Nie's set: I would go with Flash Fire over Intimidate because it can help Arcanine do some tremendous damage by powering up Flare Blitz.

Ah heck, I might as well list Blastoise here too...

Hydro King* (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
252 Sp.Attack, 252 Defense, 4 HP.

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- HP (Electric)

The main thing about this set is that it has 3 attacks that can hit some of the most common Pokemon in CB with a 4x weakness, <(Gyarados, Tyranitar, Weavile, Salamence, Dragonite, Glizor, and Torterra - almost all of which always go physical) taking them down with a single blow.
Back to top Go down
otaku-dono
Mega Spammer
otaku-dono

PostSubject: Re: The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread   The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:34 pm

Hydro King wrote:
OD wrote:
HK, I think the EV spread is a little off. Go for 252 Sp.A, 252 HP and 4 Sp.D instead. That way, you cover both defenses instead of just one.
Um, the main gist of this Togekiss is to survive a Thunderbolt or Ice Beam while throwing up a Nasty Plot, activate Salac Berry, and run like the dickens. I mean, I can see where you're coming from with the HP, but if I invested in Sp.Attack instead of Speed, Togekiss would be left as a sitting duck. <(especially against Jolteon)
Whoopsie forgot about speed completely. =S But that is true, although it'd get eaten alive by Weavile.
HK wrote:
@Kat's set: Indeed, that Weavile looks pretty good for a lead!
Sadly, a lead is all Weavile is good for in the day and age of Stealth Rock.
HK wrote:
@OD's set: Yeah, I could see it working nicely with Sunny Day. <(although you'd need to watch out for Sandstream and Snow Warning)
That's why Trick Room works even better. It can't be countered as easily, and since Exeggutor has quite low speed (55 I think) it's do really well there.
HK wrote:
@Nie's set: I would go with Flash Fire over Intimidate because it can help Arcanine do some tremendous damage by powering up Flare Blitz.
You don't want it committing suicide though. =/

A sweeping Blastoise aye HK... With 85 Sp.A, it won't be doing much except on those 4x weaknesses. It really is only a UU viable set, where it gets rid of Dodrio, Fearow, Rhyperior, etc.
Back to top Go down
Hydro King
Mega Spammer
Hydro King

PostSubject: Re: The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread   The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:27 pm

OD wrote:
A sweeping Blastoise aye HK... With 85 Sp.A, it won't be doing much except on those 4x weaknesses. It really is only a UU viable set, where it gets rid of Dodrio, Fearow, Rhyperior, etc.
Yeah, but I can try... =/ <(I've used him in OU battles before and he turned out very good overall with HP (electric) because most people send out Gyarados to wall Blastoise while Dragon Dancing) I guess I like doing uncommon things! 8D (even though it can kill me at times >_<; ) Also, I wouldn't exactly call that Blastoise a sweeper, but anyway...

OD wrote:
Whoopsie forgot about speed completely. =S But that is true, although it'd get eaten alive by Weavile.
True, but only by an Ice Punching Weavile.
Back to top Go down
otaku-dono
Mega Spammer
otaku-dono

PostSubject: Re: The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread   The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 2:39 am

HK wrote:
True, but only by an Ice Punching Weavile.
Every single Weavile is an Ice Punching Weavile I think you'll find.
HK wrote:
Yeah, but I can try... =/ <(I've used him in
OU battles before and he turned out very good overall with HP
(electric) because most people send out Gyarados to wall Blastoise
while Dragon Dancing) I guess I like doing uncommon things! 8D (even
though it can kill me at times >_<; ) Also, I wouldn't exactly
call that Blastoise a sweeper, but anyway...
I find that Blastoise is a very incomplete Pokemon in every way. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread   The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:38 am

I would advice switching Surf with Mirror Coat, specifically because -and you said it yourself- that Blastoise's attacks only fare well with Physicall opponents.

A special attacking sweeper would kill that Blastoise, especially if it is the ever so common Jolteon. That is where Mirror Coat would come in handy.
Back to top Go down
Hydro King
Mega Spammer
Hydro King

PostSubject: Re: The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread   The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:50 am

OD wrote:
Every single Weavile is an Ice Punching Weavile I think you'll find.
Incorrect. I've had plenty of battles with people using Ice Shard instead of Ice Punch for Weavile.

Quote :
I find that Blastoise is a very incomplete Pokemon in every way. But that's just me.
You may find that, but seriously, Blastoise has done a great job for my team overall.

Niedude wrote:
I would advice switching Surf with Mirror Coat, specifically because -and you said it yourself- that Blastoise's attacks only fare well with Physicall opponents.

A special attacking sweeper would kill that Blastoise, especially if it is the ever so common Jolteon. That is where Mirror Coat would come in handy.
Hey, you're onto something there, Nie. That way, if an opponent does send out a Special sweeper to counter Blastoise, it might be possible to take down that Pokemon down with me. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
otaku-dono
Mega Spammer
otaku-dono

PostSubject: Re: The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread   The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:55 pm

I should've just copied my Blastoise set I made on SPPf... >_>;; I think it was...

- Mirror Coat
- Surf
- Yawn/Roar
- Toxic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread   The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official SPC Competitive Battling Thread
Page 1 of 1