Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ones Not Chosen

Go down 
+2
Hydro King
Fire Strike
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

The Ones Not Chosen Empty
PostSubject: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:45 pm

FIRST OF ALL, BEWARE! IV/COMPETITIVE BATTLING/PRINPLUP BASHING! Meaning I'm making fun of those...well, kinda darkly, but whatever. Please take no offense to any of these, I'm just dislike them in general (though I am going to try CB eventually...not regularly, but just to see what it's like). But moving on:

Alright, FS is working on a one-shot. Said one-shot is not yet complete. Before she goes on, she wants to know if her fic is making sense and/or sounds decent.

So um....YEAH. Just lemme know how I'm doing so far. As long as you don't flame me, I'll take anything XD

It's in first person, but you won't know who until a little into the story.

Oh, and a WARNING for LANGUAGE.

And har we goes:

linelinelinelinelinelinesomethingorother.

It seems like most humans these days want the perfect Pokémon. They want the perfect choice of diverse moves, the perfect typing, the perfect abilities; only for the glory of winning their stupid little matches. And what do they end up getting? After somehow succeeding in those large tournaments, they might get some sort of golden piece of rubbish that they can’t do anything with, except gloat at others with it. Or they may not get anything, except a boosted ego. Why is it that the humans get all the fame, while the actual Pokémon are cast aside? They’re the ones doing all the work. Not the humans.

Not to mention their so-called “treasured partners” have about as much of a caring expression for their Trainers as a Staryu.

Sure, those Pokémon prance around like they’re the best things ever, because of those things that can’t really be determined naturally: Eye-Vees, or something along those lines? I heard a human mention it once. Some…hidden values that each Pokémon is said to have, making no two, even of the same species, alike. Maybe having diversity in a species is important, but there are times when I wish it wasn’t.

Eye-Vees or whatever need to be extremely high in their respective categories for a lot of humans to even consider training them. So many times I’ve seen, from a hidden cleft in the mountains, numerous Pokémon being caught in those disgusting red and white machines, checked with that red mechanical contraption that speaks on its own and can identify nearly anything about any Pokémon, and then thrown back into the grass or water where it came from ever-so-casually, as if they were mere children’s toys. I could, and still can, see the hurt and rejected looks upon their faces as their temporary owners shoo them away, cradling only one of the circular devices containing a Pokémon of that particular species. Some Pokémon would run back to the human, begging to be trained;

Raised;

Cared for;

Loved;

Adored.

But what would that human do?

If he was annoyed enough, he would summon his large, frightening, and unfamiliar Pokémon from another contraption and scare them away with an unnecessary attack.

If he was too busy admiring his new captive, he’d absentmindedly walk away.

The pain inside is unbearable, which trainers fail to realize.

Not that they’d care.

I should know that pain, that feeling, that remorse. I’ve been thrown away like that as well.

And I’ve lost a lot more than confidence and self-respect.

linelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelinelineFSWAZHERElinelineline

I can’t remember how long ago it began. I haven’t paid much attention to time since my personal hell started.

Some time ago, on what we thought was going to be a normal, non-eventful day, my group lay peacefully on a decently sized area of our mountain. Some of us were dozing; some, in the children’s cases, playing; some chatting lazily with each other. I myself was one of those dozing, letting the gentle warmth of the golden sun bathe my back through the thin fog, feeling completely relaxed without any cares or troubles. I was just one of the normal Bagon of the group; neither the leader nor the youngest, just in the middle. And I was completely fine with that, seeing as I had no desire for leadership, and I had no power over who was the youngest, obviously. I hated attention, as did my best friend. Unfortunately, she wasn’t so lucky.

Gan had been cursed with the terrible condition of having an alternate color than that of most Bagon. While most of our reptilian species had a pale, soft blue skin, she had donned a bright, almost blinding, green color. Everyone in our pack knew she resented being different in this way, and no one, not even the youngest infant, dared to address her about her condition. She acted no different than the rest of us: she didn’t believe, nor act, like she was superior, better, more worthy of praise. Rather, she demanded to be treated the same, if not lower, as the rest of us. Why was she so persistent to be treated the same, to not be considered different, when other Bagon would fawn over her beauty? Why did she wish she could be like the rest of us? To not have the color difference that many other Pokémon would die for?

One single word.

Humans.

They’re a strange kind. One can never tell what they’ll do next.

Which is exactly what we hate.

Until a short time ago, my pack and I were able to live in peace in a small mountain range bordering a quiet, peaceful town. I believe humans call it Celestic Town. The people there were kind, caring, and unselfish. They planted numerous and various berries for all wild Pokémon, gave friendly and simple ‘Hello’s and maybe a pat on the head whenever a Pokémon passed by, and looked out over us. They were mostly elderly humans, wise and intelligent, who taught their young to respect the Pokémon bordering the town.

Of course, it wasn’t illegal to try to catch any of the wild Pokémon. If a targeted Pokémon was willing to be caught, then they would begin their battle. (I myself wouldn’t have minded to be captured and trained by a good human.) If it wanted to stay in the wild, the human would leave to find one that did want to be trained or would start back towards its home. A shiny Pokémon, such as Gan, was no exception. If they didn’t want to be caught, then they wouldn’t be. This was no exception to citizens of other towns and cities, as they have been taught to never forcibly catch any Pokémon on the routes adjacent to Celestic Town. Well, that’s what the elders have explained to us, anyway.

We were welcome to explore the town whenever we wanted without consequence. Because of the humans’ kindness, we vowed to ourselves to never cause any problems for the hospitable town. We were even invited into some of the wooden homes, to get an up-close look as to what a human’s abode looked like. And we were let out whenever we desired.

It was a perfect, harmonious life for everyone. No one lost at this game of life.

Until that day. That day that one cocky human boy cheated at the game.

And he won.

Bagon are very closely connected with the earth, in spite of our eternal dream to sprout glorious wings and fly as a Salamence. Because of such, we can feel slight tremors in the ground whenever something, no matter how light in weight, is approaching us. We had assumed it was one of the native Pokémon merely passing through. Because it was slightly foggy where we lived, we couldn’t tell exactly that it was a human fast approaching. By the time we were able to discern the traveler’s identity, he was already upon us.

“Awesome, Bagon! A Salamence would be incredibly cool to have! No one would be able to defeat me!” Then he laughed; a cocky, haughty laugh. The young of our group huddled together in fear of being caught, mainly because of separation from one another. Gan immediately sprinted behind a small boulder, but not out of fear. She didn’t want to be separated from us, either. Not to mention we all knew that this human was trouble.

She wasn’t fast enough. He spotted her green scales a second too soon, and immediately he raced to the boulder she hid behind. “A shiny! No freakin’ way!” I dove out of the way of his path. He came to stand right next to her, and she was putting up her best intimidating front. It didn’t work very well, for he just smirked and grabbed a red and white ball from around his wasteline. “Prinplup, faint this thing for me so I can catch it!” After the ball split open, a blue penguin Pokémon appeared in a blinding flash of white light. Its short yellow-gold beak extended in two sections over the top of its head. Its two wings were short and looked drenched, yet sharp as metal. It had a gleam in its eye, almost as if it were stating, “You are inferior to me. You should be thankful I’m sparing you the process of bowing to me.” I didn’t see Prinplup very often, but the occasional one appeared when newer Trainers passed by. Keeping her intimidating glare, Gan bent down in preparation to Headbutt the penguin.

“Ice Beam!” A pale, blue-white light glowed in Prinplup’s beak, the icy particles waving madly in the small, contained space. It then released the freezing-cold beam, missing my friend at first as she ceased the Headbutt and ran behind the boulder, but then succeeding in hitting when Prinplup chased after her. Her cry of pain and terror was the worst sound I had ever heard, and it was made worse by the fact that I couldn’t see her behind the boulder. The other Bagon wore horrified expressions on their faces, and I’m sure I had one as well. The older members of our group grew mad, then full of rage, until one could nearly see the fire raging in their eyes. Racing out of the cleft they sheltered in, they shot out after the blue penguin and delivered a practiced, coordinated series of Embers, Headbutts, and a flurry of other moves. Prinplup ceased its attack of my friend, and screeching in rage, raised a short fin into the air. It began to glow to a stunning silver-white color, and the edge sharpened. To my horror, the attack swung into the middle of the group. The Metal Claw sent many Bagon into the air, drawing blood from most of them. They flew over the ground until they landed in heaps on the rocks. Judging by the power of the attack, this Prinplup was anything but a pushover. It had to be ready to evolve soon, if not now.

Another wave of Bagon attacked, after a hesitant pause, but met the same fate and crashed into the ground. One of the older Bagon landed near me, whom I was able to discern as the leader of our group. Moments later he cracked open his eyes and directed them towards me. After a tense silence between us, and more growling from other Bagon in the background, he struggled to speak through the blood pooling from his mouth.

“B-Bao…” My breathing hitched from the weakness of his voice, but I listened intently, trying not to draw the attention of the young Trainer. “T-take Gan a-and run…” He coughed, spilling more blood. He winced and turned slightly on his side, and I could see a large, ugly gash where the Metal Claw had hit him. His originally white belly was now a soaking scarlet color. He had been one of those to receive the brunt of the attack…

“I can’t leave you and everyone here!” I growled back, though I was completely terrified and wanted nothing more to bail. “This is my tribe, and well as Gan’s. We won’t leave you here to suffer at the hands of this boy!” He slowly lifted up an arm and gestured in a shooing motion. I didn’t move.

“Bao…! I said to g-go. Listen t-to me for once. The rest of us are d-done, only you two can esc-cape.” He stopped, panting for breath. But I understood what it also meant, that he would hear no more of it. I could feel the tears stinging my eyes.

I blinked rapidly to dispel the tears, and glancing at the Trainer to check if he was looking, I quickly ran over to Gan’s area still behind the large rock. She lay on her back, struggling to remove the icy substance from her body, and though she was freezing and slightly bruised, she was otherwise unharmed. She seemed to have been forgotten by the boy, as he was now throwing many of those red-white capsules at my companions. One by one, they each disappeared into the masses of white light, and the balls thrashed weakly, too weakly, for a few seconds before they stood still. The bleeding Bagon I had spoken to was gone.

Shit.

I began scraping away the ice from Gan’s body, trying to free her so that at least we may run. Seconds later, with her continuous help, we succeeded, and I pulled her to her feet. I spoke quickly. “As much as I hate to do this, we have to run. The majority of the tribe was defeated by merely two attacks. We cannot stand up against them.” She paused, then nodded in reluctant understanding, and we peeked around the boulder. The boy was facing almost opposite of us. We prepared to run down the mountain, when:

“Wait, forgot about the shiny. Can’t leave without that!”

Double shit.

Ignoring the risk, we rocketed as fast as we could manage down the mountain path, hoping to reach the ridiculously large grass below where, combined with the heavier fog down there, would be enough to lose him. He started for a second, then recovered and commanded Prinplup to follow him as he chased after us.

We clambered down the mountain, and although we aren’t the fastest species, we are more accustomed to the landscape than humans are, especially one as young as this child, as well as a Pokémon used to aquatic areas. While we descended with ease, the trainer and penguin stumbled down, tripping every few steps from running. Gan and I had to repress snorts.

Finally, the bottom of the mountain came into view. If only we could make it to the grass. It was only a few meters away! If we could make it there, we would have an extremely high chance of escape.

Five meters now…I can feel my body start to relax as the thought of this terror disappearing.

Three meters now…Gan is restricting herself from emitting a relieved growl.

One meter…In just one moment…

“Ice Beam!”

Triple shit.

Less than a meter from our would-be sanctuary, a wall of ice formed around the area in front of us. Quickly glancing left, then right, the ice began to extend further and further around. We couldn’t run around it. It would take too much time and energy to unleash an Ember or Headbutt.

The boy loomed behind us.

We were cornered.

Fuck.

Gawd, it looks so short compared to Word DX

-FS

Last edited by Fire Strike on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dra-cat.deviantart.com/
Hydro King
Mega Spammer
Hydro King

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:34 pm

THAT WAS THE MOST PATHETIC (PART OF A) STORY I'VE EVER HEARD!!!! Mad (total jk)

Nah, seriously, it is really awesome so far! ^_^ I think you should continue it! The story is...funny, but I really like it! =P (though the 'F' word was kinda unneeded in my opinion)
Back to top Go down
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:10 am

I KNO, RITE?

XD I am continuing it, I just wanted to know how I was doing so far. And you'll have to live with the f-word, just cause =P

Thanks for reading.

-FS
Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 1:23 pm

FS, this fic is awesome!

Cliche beaking, first person, Pokemon POV.
This is perfect!

Please continue!

If you need a beta, I will be happy to help you!
(Cause yes, I noticed the lack of a comma there, but no biggy it was still awesome!)
Back to top Go down
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:30 pm

What's cliche beaking? =X

But thank you X3 I'm actually somewhat proud of it so far (which os something, coming from me. You know how much I hate my art/writing/etc).

And sure, a beta would be nice. I do make mistakes at time, and I want to be sure I'm making sense, in case I explain something that only my warped mind would understand.

-FS
Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:49 pm

Fire Strike wrote:
What's cliche beaking? =X

But thank you X3 I'm actually somewhat proud of it so far (which os something, coming from me. You know how much I hate my art/writing/etc).

And sure, a beta would be nice. I do make mistakes at time, and I want to be sure I'm making sense, in case I explain something that only my warped mind would understand.

-FS

Oh, explain something like this sentence, for example:

He started for a second, the recovered and commanded Prinplup to follow him as he chased after us.

;P
Cause he starts, and "the" recovered prinplup, which is also commanded, "to follows" him chase after the bagons.

Dunno if its just me, mor if it is FS logic in the works. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:53 pm

XD That 'the' should be 'then'. *goes to edit*

That fix it?

-FS
Back to top Go down
Niedude
Mega Spammer
Niedude

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 2:56 pm

If by that you mean the "the" and you would add a "he" then yes ^^

Liek tis: He started for a second, then, he recovered and commanded Prinplup to follow him as he chased after us.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Yani
Ultra-Pwnsome Spammer
Yani

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 5:24 pm

This fic is AWESOME FS! It actually kept me up later then I should be up 'cause it was so good. I love how you slowly built up to telling us who or what the speaker was. Its also good to hear how a Pokemon would feel about IVs and all that stuff. Keep up the awesome work!
Back to top Go down
Palcks

Palcks

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:43 pm

HALLO.

I meant to post the day you posted this. MEH, I forgot. BUT YOU REMINDED ME THAT I SHOULD POST THE SECOND CHAPTER OF MY FIC HERE xP

But back on the subject of your Fic...

I liked it. A lot. And I'm glad I'm reading something written by you. I wanted to read the Fic you let die on Serebii, but you told me it sucked really bad and not to.

So I didn't ;D

But yes, this was great. I don't like it when writers have Pokémon actually bleed and (you didn't do this next part) have limbs severly injured. Dunno, the animé fake-injury stuff kinda made me not like the real Pokémon injuries much. MEH.

Can't wait for next chappie ;D
Back to top Go down
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:03 pm

IF you want to read my crappy fic, then by all means go ahead. Just know it's not finished, nor will it ever be. Cause it's pure crap. X3

Anyways, it's not a chapter fic, BA. That was just the first complete part of my one-shot. XD And I had to make something bleed to add to the effect....and I wanted to try it out, since I've never done so before. Actually, trying a lot of new things here...BUT ANYWAIZ.

~FS
Back to top Go down
Palcks

Palcks

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:49 pm

No, it's okay, I honestly don't really want to. I'm trying to focus on my Fic ;D

And my mistake for thinking this was a chapter Fic. Guess I assumed it was because of the ending xP
Back to top Go down
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:51 pm

I'm offended XD

(Notreally.)

This is why you should read my notes at the beginning, BA X3

-FS
Back to top Go down
Palcks

Palcks

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 8:23 pm

FS wrote:
This is why you should read my notes at the beginning, BA X3

But BUT BUT.....I did. MUH. I was reading fast and completely zoned out during the process xD Whoops.

Can't wait for the rest of the One-Shot or whatever this is now x3
Back to top Go down
Jess
Admin
Jess

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 5:24 pm

This is really good! I like stories from Pokemon's POV, and this was a great example why. Especially the addition of a shiny Pokemon. Maybe they could meet a group of shiny Pokemon where Gan could be protected.... wait..... that's my fic!

Do you plan to continue it? I'm on the edge of my seat!
Back to top Go down
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 5:54 pm

XD Nah, I've got it planned out already.

And yes, I'm continuing it right now, I have some more written. I'll post it when I'm finished, I guess. Which might be possible now, CAUSE I HAVE NO MOAR DRIVER'S ED!

So yeah, working on it =3

-FS
Back to top Go down
Fire Strike
Admin
Fire Strike

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 2:34 pm

AND SO! THE LONG-AWAITED - *epically shot*

Okay, whatever. I went in a writing frenzy today, and here's most of what I wrote. I'm slowly coming toward the end of this monster. (This is the longest thing I've written, lemme alone D<)

*DRUM ROLL PLZ*

Read n' Review if you'd be so kind.

------------------------------

“Tch,” the boy scoffed. “This one’s female.”

Sexist bastard.

“IV’s aren’t too bad though.”

Yay.

I was sitting on some table in a small building, the boy in front of me with that red machine in hand. He had checked each of us individually, calling us out of those spherical contraptions one-by-one, and we had been divided into three groups: those with “AWESOME!” Eye-Vees, “Decent” Eye-Vees”, and “Worthless” Eye-Vees. Apparently, I became one of those in the Decent group. Gan hadn’t been tried yet.

There was a window behind the boy, and as he was pressing something on the device I gazed out of the glass. We were still in a mountainous terrain, as I could see from the rocky earth and some patches of grass. We couldn’t have been too far from our home. The sun still shone brightly, and there was still a thin layer of fog. I was interrupted from my thoughts when the boy apparently didn’t approve of something.

“Calm nature?! Some useful Pokémon you’re supposed to be.”

Bite me.

Prinplup, standing in a corner with its wings crossed and attempting to look cool, raised its head to glare at me. I sneered at it. Its glare didn’t falter.

“What’re you looking at, you idiot?” That seemed to get to him. He narrowed his eyes and uncrossed his wings, then took a few steps in my direction.

“Hold on, Prinplup, don’t attack them.” His Trainer had spoken. Maybe the boy wasn’t quite as bad as I thought.

“Wait until I get rid of the useless ones.”

Well, there went that idea.

But nevertheless, Prinplup backed off and muttered what I assumed to be curses under his breath. He glared at me once more, then retreated back to his original position. I growled softly in victory.

Shortly after, however, I was whisked back into the red and white ball, and my connection to the outside world was severed.

-------------------------------

Some length of time had passed when I again felt the warm earth under my feet, because the sky was painted gold, pink, and orange from the rays of the setting sun. The clouds were gathered towards the west, surrounding the giant mass of light. Darkness crept up from the opposite side of the mountains.

Looking around, I noticed many of the other Bagon around me, seemingly as confused as I was. We were right outside of the building that we had been checked in. I was the last one to be freed, and I turned to face the boy like my group had. His face was one of pure malice, and he crossed his arms angrily.

“You,” he indicated all of us, “are the ones that aren’t good enough for me to raise. You’re all worthless, or at least close to it. You’ll never be strong enough for me, so just crawl back to your little caves and stay there.”

With horror, I noticed Gan wasn’t among us. The others seemed to realize as well and discovered that two other Bagon weren’t there as well. I glanced towards the small building, and a flash of bright green caught my eye through the window. Gan stood there, on what I didn’t know, along with the two missing Bagon. Even from the distance, I could see the fear shining in her eyes. Three of us, who have known nothing but our simple lives, were now stuck…no, trapped with this boy. I couldn’t stop myself from crying out. The boy noticed and smirked.

“Oh yeah, and since there were a couple of you that didn’t completely suck, I’m keeping those two friends of yours. And that shiny. I was actually lucky enough to get one that would be strong.” He unfolded his arms. “Now for the rest of you, scram, you worthless pieces of trash!” He reached toward what I assumed to be Prinplup’s capsule. My assumption was proved to be correct when once again, the penguin appeared in a familiar flash of light. Seeing that its Trainer gave no indication on what it should do, it took free reign; Prinplup smirked and raised a shining fin in preparation for a Metal Claw. Most of us jumped and, with a terrified cry, darted away toward the safety of the fog and mountains. The ones who stayed, including our leader and myself, leapt backwards but did not run off immediately. We growled in unison and briskly walked away. I turned back, however, to glance one more time at my best friend. She was crestfallen, as were the two beside her, and her expression tore at my heart. I would have rather died a hundred times over than to have seen that painstakingly hurt and sorrowful expression on her face.

Reluctantly, and with streams of tears cascading from my eyes, I turned away and slowly headed for home.

But it wouldn’t be true home anymore. Not for the ones not chosen.

-------------------

NO, I am NOT done. There's still a bit left after this.

....Now that I'm posting it, it looks a LOT shorter DX

I feel I didn't describe enough or fluently, so if you could point out any and all mistakes, that would be lovely and cookie-worthy.

-FS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ones Not Chosen   The Ones Not Chosen Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ones Not Chosen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Standard Forum Stuff :: Fan Fiction-
Jump to: